Studiofreya textures License
This document is a license agreement (“License”) by Studiofreya textures (SF Textures) between the user (“You”) and Studiofreya AS. Use of the photographs on the Studiofreya textures website is conditional upon the your agreement to the terms and conditions of purchase set out below. If you do not agree to these terms, then you must not accept the terms hereof or purchase, download, access or otherwise use any products from Studiofreya textures.
Studiofreya may revise and update this Agreement at anytime and without notice. Your continued use of the website after any such changes are posted will constitute your acceptance of these changes.
Studiofreya offers photographs and images of materials (“Textures”) on its website for game developers, graphic designers and other professionals. The use of Textures is non-exclusive, royalty free, and you have the right to modify them for the uses permitted under the clause Conditions of Use and Limitations.
All small image sizes labeled as “Free” are licensed with Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Rules for Exteded license and Limitations of Use still apply even if it’s free to download the items.
All textures on the Studiofreya textures website are photographed by Studiofreya photographers or made by Studiofreya artists. All textures and materials remain in ownership of Studiofreya and the textures and materials are licensed to you, not sold.
All materials including the organization and presentation of these materials on the Studiofreya textures website are the property of Studiofreya are protected by intellectual property laws. Some images contain graphic materials like wallpaper patterns, logos, names or signs. The use of these kind of images is at your own discretion. The rights for the photo lie with Studiofreya and the photo has been taken in a public space, but using the patterns, logos or name in your work might not be allowed.
CONDITIONS OF USE – REGULAR LICENSE
Use of the Textures attained with a regular license is only allowed under the following conditions:
– Private or commercial use
– Use in 2D or 3D computer graphics, movies and printed media
– Incorporation in computer games, 3D models
– Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures, when the texture is customized for the 3D model
CONDITIONS OF USE – EXTENDED LICENSE
The Extended License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to make use of that particular image or texture that you have purchased a license to.
Under extended license it is allowed:
– Use the texture to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product may be Sold.
– Use the texture in One graphic design theme or template sold to multiple customers on digital market places (this includes templates of websites and business cards and e-cards).
– Selling or redistributing skins for laptops, phones and other devices, created with images from Studiofreya textures.
– Bundle the images with software such as paint programs, 3D programs, photo-kiosk software.
– Reselling or redistributing the images at ‘print on demand’ services (mugs, t-shirts, mouse mats, etc).
Extended license is a “single application” license and not a “multi-use” license, which means that you can’t use the texture to create more than one unique End Product.
LIMITATIONS OF USE
It is NOT permitted to:
– Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a texture or a collection of textures. It is not allowed to sell or distribute any of these textures (modified or not) by itself or in a texture pack, material, clipart or scrapbooking pack.
– Stockpile images with the goal of making a local texture library.
– Using a special program (spider, leecher) or script to automatically download all textures on the Studiofreya textures website. Users who try to mass download will be banned from the website.
– Interfere with the security or otherwise abuse, disrupt, place excessive loads on, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Studiofreya textures website or any system resources or networks connected to this website.
– Release the textures or derivative products under Open Source Licenses.
RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF 3D MODELS TEXTURED WITH IMAGES FROM STUDIOFREYA TEXTURES
When selling or redistributing a 3D model bundled with textures from Studiofreya textures please add the following text in the documentation accompanying the model:
“One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with images from Studiofreya textures. These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit sftextures.com for more information.”
Studiofreya textures is meant as a ‘download when you need it’ resource. Downloading complete categories with the goal of making a local copy of the texture collection is not allowed.
Studiofreya respects the privacy of the personal information of the individuals with whom we interact. Studiofreya does not disclose personal information of our members or those individuals who visit our website. No newsletters or offers will be sent to you without your prior consent. Any information submitted by the buyer will be used solely for the purpose of completing the transaction, delivering the product and addressing any customer service issues.
We use third-party advertising companies (Google Adsense) to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including personally identifying information such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of the Studiofreya textures website, the textures, materials and information.
Studiofreya does not represent or warrant that the site or any content available for downloading through the site will be free of viruses or similar contamination of destructive features.
In no event shall Studiofreya or any of its affiliates, employees or Contributors be liable for any incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever, including damages for loss of profits, interruption, loss of business information, loss of data, or any other pecuniary loss in connection with any claim, loss, action, suit, damage or other proceeding arising under or out of this License, including without limitation your use of, reliance upon, access to or exploitation of the Studiofreya textures website, the materials or any part thereof, or any rights granted to you hereunder, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damaged, whether the action is based on contract, tort (including negligence), infringement of intellectual property rights or otherwise.
You agree to indemnify and hold Studiofreya textures harmless against all claims or liability asserted against Studiofreya arising out of or in connection with any breach by you or anyone acting on your behalf of any of this License
This License shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Norway, without regards to conflict of laws provisions thereto. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of, and venue and suits in Norway.
Studiofreya reserves the right to terminate the license of the use of the materials on Studiofreya textures if the user is found in breach of this License and does not remedy that breach within three (3) days of receiving notice from Studiofreya.
Feel free to email any questions regarding this license or any other questions about Studiofreya to sftextures_license @ studiofreya.com
Correspondence can be in English, Norwegian or Russian.
If you are using our textures for your project and would like to be featured here – contact us with screenshots of your project, what textures were used and a link to your product. Your work will be featured here at our “Examples” page!