Simple texture tutorial in Blender
In this tutorial we will show how to texture simple squared objects in Blender. The example scene is a bedroom with parquet floor, bed, lamps and walls.
We start by texturing the floor with parquet texture. You may use any texture in Blender as well as creating your own. To make it fast we download one of the existing seamless parquet textures from our collection.
We use Blender version 2.63 in this tutorial.
Apply simple parquet texture on the floor
- The first thing to do is to import the texture into Blender. Choose the floor by right-clicking on it.
- Choose the material tab on the Options panel and click “Add new texture”.
- Click “Type” -> “Image or Movie”.
- Image -> Open image. Choose our parquet texture.
- Press F12 to render the resulting image:
- Parquet tiles will be too huge per default as Blender applies the whole texture stretched over the whole object. We need the image to repeat in cycles in Blender so that more tiles will be placed on the floor.Change the texture Mapping to achieve repeating of the image. Set Mapping Size to 5 along X, Y and Z coordinates. Remember to use seamless textures for this purpose.
Apply light noisy texture on the walls
- Do the same for the walls. I have chosen simple black and white abstract noisy texture for walls:
- Set up the brightness to 1.5 and justify the contrast down to 0.25 to make the texture brighter.
The resulting walls are textures with a slightly bumpy light paper material as in modern Scandinavian interior design:
Make adjustments to textures
The resulting bedroom with textured floor and walls: